Thursday, April 22, 2010

Exposed, part 2

Here is a brief outline of week 2 in our Exposed Series

We’ve Been Lied To!

Lie # 1: The OUTSIDE matters more than the INSIDE.
… God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the LORD looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).

Charm can be deceptive and beauty doesn't last, but a woman who fears and reverences God shall be greatly praised (Proverbs 31:30).

Lie #2: SEX matters more than LOVE.
Let love be your greatest aim (1 Corinthians 14:1).

There are three things too wonderful for me to understand--no, four! How an eagle glides through the sky. How a serpent crawls upon a rock. How a ship finds its way across the heaving ocean. The growth of love between a man and a woman
(Proverbs 30:18-19).

Lie #3: MYSELF matters more than OTHERS.
Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself (Philippians 2:3).

Lie #4: Who I HAVE matters more than who I AM
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous--and how well I know it (Psalm 139:13-14).


Thought For The Week:

Do I BUY the LIE?

No comments: